Our Management Team
MANAGING DIRECTOR – ALAN MILNE
Mr Alan Milne commenced in his role as the Managing Director of Air Niugini Limited on the 22nd of October 2018. Mr Milne’s appointment came about after an extensive local and international recruitment process and approval by the National Executive Council.
Mr Milne has had a distinguished 36 year career with Qantas Airways, joining as an apprentice maintenance engineer and working his way up to the senior management ranks, to Head of Engineering and prior to joining Air Niugini, as Head of Operations Performance.
He holds the following licences and qualifications:
- Master of Business and Technology – University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Technology -Deakin University
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Australia
- Private Pilot’s Licence (Multi engine; command instrument rating)
GENERAL MANAGER: CORPORATE SERVICES – MARCO MCCONNELL, ML
Marco McConnell’s 20 year aviation career spans Ground Operations, Inflight Services and Aviation Security roles. Since 2010 he has held senior executive management positions with Air Niugini and currently works as the General Manager of PNG Stations and Security. Mr. McConnell holds a Diploma in Business Studies and an Advanced Diploma in Airline Management.
GENERAL MANAGER: COMMERCIAL SERVICES – MR DOMINIC KAUMU, ML
Dominic Kaumu has over 37 years aviation experience and has spent over 25 of those years with Air Niugini. As General Manager of Customers and Markets, Mr. Kaumu has a deep understanding of Air Niugini’s varied customer base and uses his expertise to meet and exceed their expectations.
GENERAL MANAGER: FINANCE (CFO) – SAM ROMANO
Sam Romano is Air Niugini’s General Manager of Business Services. In addition to achieving a CPA and MBA degree, Mr. Romano also held Financial Controller and Senior Finance positions at organisations across Australia before making the move to Papua New Guinea and joining the Air Niugini team.
GENERAL MANAGER : HUMAN RESOURCE – MR REI LOGONA, ML
Rei Logona has 37 years aviation experience, focusing on Human Resource Management and Administration. He spent the first 27 years of his careers with Air Niugini before moving to Solomon Airlines where he worked for 5 years. He joined Air Niugini again in 2013 spending the majority of his time in management. Mr. Logona holds a Diploma in Personnel Management from Massey University, New Zealand and a Bachelor of Business (HRM) from Queensland University of Technology.
EXECUTIVE MANAGER: NETWORK & FLEET – DAVID GLOVER, ML
David Glover has worked in aviation for over 36 years. He started his career with British Airways, working in various commercial and operational roles for 12 years. He then worked for Air Niugini from 1991 to 2006, HeviLift from 2006 to 2008 and Airlines PNG from 2009 to 2014 before taking on the Executive Manager of Strategy role at Air Niugini.
GENERAL MANAGER: AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATION – BEN ORAKA
Ben Oraka has 21 years airline experience, working as a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer on Air Niugini’s fleet of aircraft including the B767-200/300/CF6-80C2/PW4000, B737-NG/CFM-56, F100/F70/RR TAY, Dash 8 -100/200/300/PW100 and the F28-1000/4000/RR SPEY. Mr. Oraka graduated with an MBA from the University of PNG in 2014.
EXECUTIVE MANAGER: QUALITY AND SAFETY – SANDEEP TYAGI
Sandeep Tyagi is an Aeronautical Engineer (M.E.) with extensive aviation technical experience spaning over 14 years. Mostly worked in airlines environment in Safety and quality departments in Asia and Pacific region. He joined Air Niugini as Audit & Surveillance Manager in Corporate Quality & Safety in 2013; he is now Executive Manager Corporate Quality & Safety.
GENERAL MANAGER: LINKPNG – BRUCE ALABASTER
Bruce Alabaster has over 30 years’ experience in the aviation industry, both in PNG and overseas. This has included many years in senior managerial roles, both within PNG and also with Air New Zealand and Qantas New Zealand, and over 8,000 hours flight time as a pilot. Bruce also holds degrees in Commerce and Science and a Master’s degree in Aviation.
GENERAL MANAGER: CARGO – GUS KRAUS
Gus Kraus is a born and bred PNG professional that has been in the Aviation Industry since 1968. Gus re-joined Air Niugini in January 2017 to commence and develop Air Niugini Cargo Limited (ANCL) whom the parent company, Air Niugini Limited), set up as a subsidiary.
His last employer was Solomon Airlines with which he was the General Manager of Operations & Commercial from 2008-2016 inclusive.The last position he held before leaving Solomon Airlines was acting/CEO for seven months whilst the airline was seeking to engage a new CEO.He joined Talair in 1968 and followed soon after with Ansett Airlines of PNG prior to joining Air Niugini near inception commencing in February 1974 in Rabaul, his home town.
Gus has been trained in various roles not least of which by Qantas under the umbrella of Marketing training specializing in weight & balance which later became a specialty trade mark in airport handling including being a trainer for a short while.
From 1981-1984 Gus was the Airfreight Manager for Air Niugini after moving in different Management roles and later became the Regional Manager for S.E. QLD from 1984-1988.
- Instigator and founder/Vice President of Australia & PNG Society INC in 1986 in Brisbane.
- Received PNG 10th Anniversary Independence medal for contribution to Aviation and Community development
- Solomon Islands 12th Anniversary Medal for contribution to Aviation and 1988 EXPO SI development
- Developed and assisted Solomon Islands Community association based in Brisbane for all S.I./AUST related community matters.
GENERAL MANAGER: BUSINESS TRAVEL CENTRE (BTC) – FLOYD JOSEPH SMITH
- Has been in the travel/airline industry for over 38 years, having being based in Vanuatu (10 years) , Solomon Islands (10 years) , PNG , Australia , Palau , Australia and Vanuatu for the last 5 years and re-joining Air Niugini in Port Moresby as GM Business Travel Centre (BTC) in December 2016
- Floyd has held senior management positions at this various postings including:
1980-1990 Vanuatu Air Melanesiae(Ex Late Sir Dennis Buchanan Airline Company in Vanuatu) – Head of Sales & Marketing
1990-2000 Solomon Islands – Solomon Airlines – Travel Agency Manger then Head of Commercial
2000-2011: Brisbane, PNG, Palau, PNG , Brisbane – Senior management positions
2011-2016: Vanuatu – Air Vanuatu – Head of Sales & Marketing
2016-Date: PNG – Air Niugini Business Travel Centre (BTC) – General Manager
- He has a very extensive knowledge in “all things travel “from an airline and travel agency standpoint”, with very strong emphasis, in the best ways of travel, both within and beyond the Pacific Region. Key Industry Contacts he has established over his 38 years career also positions Floyd well to be able to assist not only his BTC travel team, but the many customers who wish to have their travel requirements met.
- Floyd has been reputed to be the “Go to Guy” whenever you need help in “All Things Travel”.