Explore beautiful Brisbane and the Gold Coast
Brisbane; discover the sunny, sophisticated capital city of Queensland and gateway to its many famous attractions. Our international routes provide travelers with frequent flights to other countries – connecting Papua New Guinea to the world. See what Brisbane has to offer with Air Niugini. Find the cheapest airfares to Brisbane and book your air ticket online with us. Find cheapest flights from Port Moresby to Brisbane through www.airniugini.com.pg – the lowest airfare website in town! Book your international airline tickets online now and fly with Air Niugini.
Brisbane is a sub-tropical city contoured along the Brisbane River. Its location affords a vibrant outdoors lifestyle all year round. Brisbane boasts a cool arts scene, sumptuous gastronomy and plenty of nightlife. The Gallery of Modern Art, the City Botanic Gardens and the Brisbane Story Bridge Adventure Twilight Tour are all worth checking out.
Things To Do
The picturesque Brisbane River is central to Brisbane’s breezy, relaxed lifestyle. Walk along its shorelines, take a cruise or kayak day or night on its waters while you enjoy the beautiful vista of sleek urbanscapes.
Enjoy the panoramic views of Brisbane from Kangaroo Point. The location is also a popular spot to rock climb or abseil.
South Bank has beautiful parklands and a man-made inner city beach. This cultural hub offers everything from art to entertainment to eateries and markets. For those wanting to get up close to Australia’s iconic fauna, check out Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary – the largest koala sanctuary in Australia. The sanctuary also features many other local animals along with daily shows to learn more about these fascinating creatures.
View Brisbane from a unique perspective on a Story Bridge Adventure Climb. This unique landmark provides stunning panoramas of the city and to the horizon beyond. Enjoy an array of entertainment, from comedy to theatre to art, at the Brisbane Powerhouse in New Farm.
Forty kilometres out from Brisbane lies Moreton Island. Acquaint yourself with the local dolphins as well as swim, snorkel and dive in the pristine waters surrounding the island. Alternatively, visitors can enjoy a few hours of sand tobogganing down the amazing sand dunes on the island. Other attractions worth checking out
- Gallery of Modern Art
- Newstead House
- Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium
- St Stephen’s Cathedral
- Queen Street Mall
The Gold Coast
Just an hour’s drive south of Brisbane, the Gold Coast is a holiday paradise just waiting to be explored.
- Surfers Paradise, one of Australia’s most popular tourist destinations, is full of holiday activities: Swim, surf, shop, eat and dance into the night.
- Children will relish the adventure of Dreamworld and Warner Bros. Movie World.
- Marvel at the lush rainforest along the Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk.
The Sunshine Coast
An hour and forty-five minutes north of Brisbane lies another popular tourist destination, Noosa. Located on the Sunshine Coast, if you’re after sunshine and relaxation then this is the place to be. If Noosa is not for you, then there’s a number of other townships dotted along the coast that might be more your style.
- Scuba dive off Noosa Heads or Mooloolaba.
- Visit Steve Irwin’s Australia Zoo which boasts over 100 animal species and an array of free shows daily.
- Book a boat tour on some of the beautiful lakes and rivers in the region or get out on the ocean and acquaint yourself with the marine life.
Annual Festivals & Shows
- Brisbane River Run, May
- Paniyiri Greek Festival, May
- Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival, May to June
- Brisbane Marathon Festival, August
- EKKA Brisbane Show, August
- Brisbane Festival, September
- Oktober Fest, October