PX Plus Terms and Conditions
1.1. Air Niugini means Air Niugini Limited, the national airline of Papua New Guinea.
1.2. Bidding End Date means 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure date of the flight to which an Offer relates.
1.3. Bidding Window means the date which Air Niugini PX Plus begins accepting the submission of Offers until 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure date of the flight to which and Offer relates.
1.4. Guest means the person who has purchased a ticket for a flight operated by Air Niugini.
1.5. Invitation refers to an invite sent via email by Air Niugini to the Guest upon purchases of ticket.
1.6. Nominated payment card means one of the credit cards, charge cards or debit cards which must be used to make payment and such other form of payment as approved by Air Niugini from time to time.
1.7. Original Booking is the fare purchased and sector of the booking made by the Customer of which an Invitation extends.
1.8. Sector refers to the portion of a journey on the ticket in which the Customer has purchased.
1.9. Upgraded booking refers to the sector of the booking for which a Customer received an invitation extends.
1.10. Upgrade Offer refers to the total amount, per person, that an eligible Guest is willing to pay for the opportunity to upgrade from the cabin class that was originally purchased for the travel with Air Niugini to one cabin class higher. The amount of an Offer is separate from and additional to the amount paid for the original ticket purchased.
1.11. Valid Offer refers to an offer that complies with these Terms and Conditions.
2. The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply specifically to an offer made by a Guest to Air Niugini for an opportunity to upgrade from the cabin class that was originally purchased for travel with Air Niugini to one cabin class higher on the same sector.
3. Guests must be at least 18 years of age to submit an Offer.
4. Not all Guests are eligible for an Upgrade. Air Niugini has the right to determine Guest eligibility at its sole and absolute discretion. To check eligibility, Guests may visit the Air Niugini website and enter their booking reference number and surname in the fields provided. Alternatively, eligible Guests who have booked their flight via the Air Niugini website or Reservations Call Centre may be sent an email inviting them to submit an offer.
5. Reward Seat bookings purchased using PX FFP (PX Frequent Flyer Points) are not eligible to be upgraded via PX Plus.
6. Only one Offer may be submitted per flight per sector in a booking. An Offer may subsequently be cancelled or modified in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7. If there are multiple Guests in a booking a Guest must submit an Offer to upgrade all passengers. The Offer amount will be on a per Guest basis. The Offer amount will be multiplied by the number of Guests included in the booking. By making an offer, the Guest confirms that he or she has the authority to act on behalf of and to bind all the passengers on the original booking.
8. Eligible Guests can make an offer by:
(i). visiting the Air Niugini website and entering their booking reference number and surname in the fields provided; or
(ii) Following the link contained in the email inviting the Guest to submit an Offer.
9. The booking reference number is the reservation number which is supplied to a Guest at the time an Air Niugini ticket is purchased. A booking reference number is required to submit an Upgrade from the Air Niugini Website and to subsequently access and modify or cancel the Offer (including without limitation, increasing and Offer). The booking reference number provided must be kept confidential. Guests must not share their booking reference numbers and are responsible for protecting it against improper and unauthorised use.
10. An Offer, when submitted by a Guest, entitles the person or persons named on the Offer, subject to these Terms and Conditions, to be considered for an Upgrade. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Offer is selected as successful, the total value of the Upgraded ticket is the amount paid for the original ticket purchased plus the amount of the Offer.
11. Offers can be paid using the Nominated payment card. The payment will only be deducted if an Offer is selected as successful.
12. An authorization hold for a small amount (for example, 1.00 PGK) will be placed on the payment card account used to submit the Offer (Account) in order to verify the account is active. The exact amount may very based on the currency selected when placing the offer. This is not a charge and this authorization hold amount will automatically be removed when the authorization expires. The policy of the bank that issued the payment card determines how long the authorization hold will remain active before it expires. hold amount will be removed from the Account when an Offer is either selected as being successful or unsuccessful.
13. Successful Offers will be selected by Air Niugini in its sole and absolute discretion based on, but not limited to, any number of the following selection criteria:
i. The amount of the Offer;
ii. The cabin class of the original booking;
iii. A Guest’s Frequent Flyer Membership status;
iv. The number of seats available in the next cabin class;
v. The number of Guests named in an Offer; and
vi. The success rate of a Guest receiving Upgrades from previous Offers.
14. An invitation will be forfeited if the Guest cancels or changes the Original booking after the invitation is sent to that Guest from Air Niugini and before that Guest makes an offer.
15. Air Niugini reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to decide whether or not an Offer is successful, and makes no representation that any Guest will receive an Upgrade, regardless of whether or not seats are available in the cabin class for which an Offer is made.
16. Guests are only permitted to submit an Offer from the date on which Air Niugini PX Plus begins accepting the submission of Offers until Bidding End Date.
17. Guests are only permitted to modify or cancel an existing Offer from the Bidding Window.
18. Once an Offer is submitted a confirmation email will be sent to the Guest that submitted the Offer. The Guest may modify or cancel the Offer through the link in the email or by accessing the Offer from the Air Niugini website, prior to the closure of the Bidding Window, provided that Air Niugini has not already selected the Offer as being successful (which will occur no later than one day prior to the scheduled departure date of the flight to which the Offer relates) and provided the Guest has not been charged for the successful Offer. If an Offer is selected as being successful before being modified or cancelled, the Guest is legally bound to complete payment for the Offer.
19. All notifications concerning an Offer will be communicated to the Guest via email to the email address provided by the Guest when the original Offer was submitted. For security reasons, this email address is not capable of being amended.
20. Offers can be assessed by Air Niugini at any time during the period after an Offer is submitted and one prior to the scheduled departure date of the flight to which the Offer relates. All Guests who make an Offer will be notified no later than one day prior to the scheduled departure date of the relevant flight of the outcome of their Offer.
21. An Offer that complies with these Terms and Conditions will be a valid offer from the time of its submission, until the time the Guest is notified whether their Offer is successful or unsuccessful, which will occur no later than one day prior to the scheduled departure date of the flight to which the Offer relates (Valid Offer). Should a Guest cancel an Offer within the Bidding Window or cancel a flight to which an Offer relates, the Offer will no longer be a Valid Offer.
22. Air Niugini may accept an Offer at any time during the period it remains a Valid Offer. In the event Air Niugini selects an Offer as being successful:
(i) The Guest will be notified via email and charged the full amount of the Offer; and
(ii) The Guest will be sent a new itinerary reflecting the Upgrade. The total amount charged includes all applicable pre-payable taxes and fees (if any) for the Upgrade. The total amount to be paid will be disclosed to the Guest prior to submission of the Offer.
23. In the event Air Niugini re-accommodates a Guest onto another flight, for reason other than the Guest’s default, Air Niugini will use its best endeavours to transfer the Upgrade to the new flight. The transfer of Upgrades is subject to availability.
24. No refunds, credits or exchanges will be issued once an Offer has been selected as successful by Air Niugini and the Guest has been charged, unless one of the following conditions apply:
(i) A flight for which an Offer is selected as being successful is cancelled, and Air Niugini re-accommodates the Upgraded Guest onto another flight in the original cabin class booked;
(ii) A Guest’s Offer is selected as being successful and the Guest receives an Upgrade, but the Guest is unable to be seated in the Upgraded cabin class for reasons other than the Guest’s default – including but not limited to, a change in equipment, or a delay in a connecting flight that results in the Guest missing their connection for which they receive an Upgrade – but excluding reasons attributable to a Guests actions – including, but not limited to a Guest’s decision to change flights, resulting in the Guest missing the flight for which they received an Upgrade.
25. To apply for a refund, Guests are required to complete and submit an online Refund Request form. The request for a refund must include proof of travel for the flight in question. If a Guest is unable to provide proof of travel for the flight in question, Air Niugini will be under no obligation to refund the amount paid for the Upgrade.
26. If the refund is approved, the amount of the Upgrade will be refunded to the Account that was used to pay for the Upgrade.
27. Where refunds are approved for the reasons specified in Clause 24, the amount paid for the Upgrade will be refunded, and Air Niugini will have no further liability to the Guest.
28. Approved refunds will be processed in the currency in which the Upgrade amount was charged. Refunds are limited to the amount charged for the Upgrade. No bank-related charges will be refunded.
29. The fare rules of the original ticket purchased will remain in effect, applicable even if an Offer is selected as being successful. Fare rules include, but are not limited to, cancellation policies, change fees, baggage allowances and rules relating to the accrual of PX Frequent Flyer Points. Upgraded Guests are eligible to earn PX Frequent Flyer Points at the rate of their originally purchased tickets, not at the rate of their Upgraded fare.
30. Air Niugini will provide its best efforts to ensure services typically available to Guests booked in the Upgraded cabin class including, Priority Check-in, Priority Baggage, Priority Boarding and on board meals are included in the Upgrade except for lounge access which is only accessible to Executive Club Gold and Silver members or non-members with a full J/class ticket. However, Air Niugini is unable to guarantee that all services typically available to Guests booked in the Upgraded cabin class will be included in the Upgrade.
31. Air Niugini does not guarantee specific seat assignments to Guests who receive an Upgrade.
32. Air Niugini reserves the right to modify and otherwise change these Terms and Conditions at its absolute discretion from time to time.
33. The failure by Air Niugini to exercise its rights will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment of the future performance of any of its rights, and the Guest’s obligations with respect to such future performance shall continue in full force and effect.