Air Niugini Further Expands Domestic Services
May 27, 2020
Air Niugini will further expand domestic flights from next week in response to slowly recovering demand following the April lock down.
Air Niugini Chief Executive Officer, Mr Bruce Alabaster said “When we re-introduced domestic services in April we said that we will operate limited services to begin with, and build up to our normal schedule once demand picks up. As demand recovers we are now delivering on that promise and adding more flights on most routes”.
The improvements include:
- Restoration of a fortnightly direct F70 service to Buka on Fridays
- Increase of Lae flights to 28 weekly
- Increase of F100 Manus flights from 4 to 6 weekly – 2 extra flights via Madang are added to the existing 2 via Lae and 2 via Hoskins
- Additional 3 direct F70 flights to Hoskins on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Fokker jet services to Wewak restored to daily, including nonstop services from Port Moresby as well as some via Lae and Madang
- Fokker jet services to Vanimo increased from 3 to 5 weekly
- Goroka jet services increased from 7 to 11 weekly, with the resumption of afternoon flights on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday to complement the existing daily morning flight
- Daru services increased from 3 to 4 weekly
- Additional services to Rabaul and Kavieng, serviced by Dash-8 aircraft during the present NAC runway maintenance works at both airports.
The schedule continues to be reviewed on a weekly basis, and more announcements will follow soon.
Corporate Communications Department
Wednesday 27th May, 2020