Air Niugini Increases Domestic Flights And Seats , And Resumes Fokker 70 Jet Services To Kavieng
July 17, 2020
Air Niugini further expanded domestic flights and capacity from Friday 17th July as there is continuous increase in demand following the April lock down.
Air Niugini Chief Executive Officer, Mr Bruce Alabaster said “When we re-introduced domestic services in April we said we will operate limited services to begin with, and build up to our normal schedule once demand picks up. As demand recovers we are now delivering on that promise and adding more flights on most routes”.
The improvements include :-
- Increase of nonstop Wewak flights to daily
- Doubling of flights between Lae/Madang/Wewak from 3 to 6 weekly. Flights now operate daily (except Sunday)
- Increase of Vanimo flights from 5 weekly to daily, including 3 via Lae/Madang/Wewak
- Restoration of Fokker 70 jet services to Kavieng via Hoskins
- Addition of third weekly service to Buka on Mondays 20th/27th July – flights now operate on Monday / Wednesday / Friday
- Increase of flights between Port Moresby and Lae from 28 to 32 weekly
- Increase of flights between Port Moresby and Mt Hagen from 32 to 36 weekly
- Increase of flights between Port Moresby and Rabaul from 18 to 24 weekly
- Daru services increased from 4 to 5 weekly – flights operate on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday and Sunday
Flights to Mount Hagen and Rabaul (Tokua) continue to be operated by Q400 or Dash-8 aircraft whilst NAC perform essential maintenance on the runways at these two airports.
The schedule continues to be reviewed on a weekly basis, and more announcements will follow soon.
Corporate Communications Department
Friday 17th July, 2020