Need more time to decide?
There are times when you get reasonable fare to fly somewhere but are unsure to make a reservation. It may be in the case that you need to finalize your vacation plans, arrange accommodation or you are still undecided. Whatever the reason may be, the Fare Lock service now gives you the chance to lock a selected fare while you make your decision.
How Fare Lock works
Fare Lock offers the opportunity to create a reservation and put it on hold, for a fee, and pay for it later within a specified time limit. This means your reservation is guaranteed on that particular fare and flight and you don’t need to pay any additional charges if the fares increase until you purchase your flight ticket.
Booking using the Fare Lock option
Visit www.airniugini.com.pg and search for available flights. Select your preferred flight from availability display.
Once you select your flight, fill in the required details (Add Passengers information, Seat Selection & Extras) used in the general booking flow.
On the Payment page, you will see the 'Lock My Fare' option. Based on the hold period, pay the applicable fee option to place the booking on hold. You will need to provide a valid payment method. Enter your payment details and click the check box for Complete Payment.
NB: Once the fee is paid, you will be provided your booking reference (PNR) on the Confirmation Page. You will also receive a confirmation email containing the details of your fare lock, including the selected destination, the date of flight(s) and the exact time when the fare lock will expire.
Simply access "Manage Booking" option on the website www.airniugini.com.pg. Use your Booking Reference (PNR) and Last Name to retrieve your flight reservation. Select the PURCHASE ON HOLD BOOKING option from the Trip Manager. Choose a valid form of payment and complete your purchase.
NB: Once the payment is successfully completed, you will be taken to the Confirmation Page. You will also receive a booking confirmation email and your ticket copies on your email address used during the booking.
Terms and Conditions
Air Niugini Limited, reserves the right to withdraw or modify all or any of the rules applicable to Fare Lock Terms & Conditions at any time at its sole discretion without giving any prior notice.
- Fare Lock service is applicable only on flight bookings made www.airniugini.com.pg for all Air Niugini operated domestic and international flights.
- The Fare Lock option is not available for flights departing within 7 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
- Fare Lock fee is based on the hold period and is charged when placing a booking on hold.
- Changes to flight dates and names are not allowed once the fare has been locked in.
- The Hold Fees is charged per person per booking, applicable only to adults & children. Infants will not be charged a hold fee.
- Fare Lock fee is non-refundable and will be forfeited if user fails to confirm the booking within the required hold period.
- Fare Lock service is valid only on selected Economy branded fares, including Economy Saver, Economy Semi-Flex and Economy Flex.
- Branded fares Economy Promo, Business Saver, Business Flex, Economy Award & Business Awards are excluded from this service.
- Use of Promo codes will not be offered Fare Lock option to place booking on hold.
- Valid forms of payment allowed for paying on-hold fees and hold bookings are Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard & Amex)
- Valid forms of payment allowed for purchasing Fare Lock bookings are Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard & Amex).
- The Pay Later and Points + Cash forms of payment are not allowed to pay on-hold fees and purchase Fare Lock bookings.
- All held bookings can only be paid for via Manage Your Bookings online www.airniugini.com.pg
- Customers are not allowed to hold a booking and go to sales offices (ATO/CTO) to complete purchase ticket(s).
- Flight extras (seats and ancillaries) can be selected during the booking flow. However, these can only be added to the ticket once the held-booking is purchased.
- All other existing Terms and Conditions shall be applicable.