Domestic Air Travel Restrictions Removed
October 5, 2020
Air Niugini is pleased to announce that all restrictions on domestic air travel have been removed, and will be offering a range of sales to promote domestic tourism.
The SOE Controller has issued new Domestic and International Travel Measures on Saturday 3rd October providing the following directives;
- There are no limitations on any domestic travel.
- For international inbound travel, from Australia (excl Victoria), New Zealand and most of the Pacific Islands inbound passengers now only have to home-isolate for seven days. Where segregating at home is not possible inbound passengers still need to hotel quarantine for 7 days.
- Passengers arriving from other international locations still need to quarantine at a hotel for 14 days.
- All inbound international passengers still need to complete a negative PCR Covid test within 7 days prior to travel.
- All inbound international passengers coming into PNG still need to get Controller Approval in advance. Passengers transiting Port Moresby to Australia or to other locations do not need to get Controller approval.
- Air Niugini has now had its passenger cap into Brisbane increased to 50 passengers per flight, and with no limit into Cairns.
Air Niugini continues to fly to Brisbane (five times per week), Singapore (four times per week), and Cairns (once per week).
Due to quarantine requirements in Nadi, Port Vila and Honiara there are presently no scheduled flights to Fiji, Vanuatu or Solomon Islands.
Air Niugini expects to announce the recommencement of scheduled flights to Hong Kong and Manila shortly.
Passengers will continue to be temperature tested upon entering all airport terminals, provided a face mask at check in and will need to fill in the passenger contact tracing form (APTF) at check-in and the health form whilst on-board.
Due to Covid restrictions, there is presently no in-flight catering provided on flights.
Corporate Communications Department
Monday 5th October, 2020