Rebooking of existing travel – COVID-19 – Updated 26 March 2020
March 26, 2020
Effective Monday 23rd March 2020, PNG Government through the COVID-19 Government Task Force have imposed a 14 day Travel Ban on all passengers travelling into Papua New Guinea on all International flights, as well as all travel domestic flights in PNG.
Consequently, the following options will apply for all passengers holding tickets with travel dates between 23rd March to 6th April 2020.
- Rebook new flight(s), per original itinerary for travel after 6th April 2020, without any change fees.
- Cancel the ticket and retain the value for future use on the same itinerary.
- Cancel the ticket and use this value as partial credit towards the purchase of a PX ticket to an alternative PX destination.
- New tickets must be used by 31 December 2021.
- Should refunds be requested, the standard refund conditions relating to the fare type purchased will apply.
- For tickets not purchased via Air Niugini, please contact your Travel Agency for assistance.
Should travel restrictions be extended beyond 6th April, passengers will be updated accordingly via our website updates.
Whilst Air Niugini sales offices are presently closed, our telephone call center is open daily from 0800-1600 to assist with enquiries. Due to a high level of calls there will be longer than normal waiting times. Toll free no . 180 3444 or 327 3444
May we also suggest emailing our team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
For urgent ticketing, our Sales Desk at the International Terminal is open from 0500-1500 daily,
This Advice supersedes Industry advice PXTA 3-20 and PXTA 4-20.