Public Notice – Accommodation for Disrupted Passengers
December 12, 2018
Air Niugini wishes to advise the traveling public that as we are into the peak period travel, flight disruptions are inevitable and can be caused by many reasons. Air Niugini would like make known that hotel accommodation for disrupted passengers is determined from the following conditions;
- Once a passenger is uplifted and subsequently fails to reach his or her scheduled destination for that day on Air Niugini services Air Niugini will meet the cost of accommodation, except where the delay is caused by bad weather and other natural causes, example: floods, volcanic ashes, tsunami etc.
- Accommodation cost will not be met at the point where the passenger joins the flight, except if the passenger has connected from another Air Niugini flight.
- Air Niugini does not accept responsibility for missed connections to other airlines from its domestic services.
- Missed connections from Air Niugini international services to other international services are treated as per IATA Regulations (AT Rule R02).
- All disrupted passengers must be referred to Reservations Control forward bookings.
*Extract from Air Niugini Airport Services Manual.
We would like to advise our valued customers to read these procedures carefully as not to cause inconvenience to your travel at this time.
Thank you Air Niugini Peak Period Committee
Tuesday 26th November, 2018